At a glance
WithOnePlanet’s Citizenship Module develops students’ understanding of Australian citizenship and explores our rights and responsibilities as citizens of the Asia-Pacific region.
Students will gain knowledge and awareness of the power of active citizens during one of the most remarkable events in recent Australian history – the independence of movement in East Timor.
The five essential questions for the Citizenship Module are:
- What is Australian Citizenship?
- How do our rights and responsibilities relate to each other and the environment?
- What are global citizens and what role do they have?
- What is the bond between Australia and Timor Leste that generates the interest of active citizens?
- What can you do to become a global citizen?